The World’s Water: A How-to Guide for Building a Global Lesson
Engage your students in World Water Day by building a global lesson around water!
Use our Water Day toolkit as a step-by-step guide for creating a global lesson using a project-based inquiry (PBI) approach that will drive student-led investigations on this precious resource.
If you have used our International Education Week or Sochi 2014 toolkits in the past, you know that these resources are not complete without a challenge. For those of you interested in winning prizes and making a difference using our Water Day toolkit, here is how to participate:
- Implement a water-themed activity or lesson in your classroom. Use any of the suggested lesson plan ideas in the toolkit or come up with one of your own.
- Upload at least one photo of a student learning product created as a result of the lesson to the VIF Community Group photo album entitled The World's Water: A How-to Guide for Building a Global Lesson (A Photo Challenge) in the learning center.
- In the comments section below your photo, write an explanation of the activity you did with your students. Feel free to share extra information, such as student comments about and reactions to the water-themed activity.
- Entries will be accepted over a two-week period beginning on World Water Day (March 22, 2014) and ending on April 5, 2014.
Why should you participate?
In addition to teaching and learning about the world’s water and water-related issues, there are some other cool perks to getting involved:
- World Water Day 2014 Digital Badge: Everyone who participates in our Water Day challenge will receive a digital badge. Your digital badge will be displayed on your profile page in the learning center and can be shared via social media.
- Four random winners will be drawn from all challenge participants to win Water.org prizes:
- Each winner will receive a Water.org CamelBak Groove bottle.
- For every bottle we purchase, $10 goes toward bringing safe drinking water and sanitation to communities in developing countries. Each of the winners will be helping to make a difference in the world!
Not yet a member of our community? Simply sign up for a free basic subscription to access our learning center resources and to participate in the Water Day challenge.